www.voweurope.com (our site) is a site operated by VOW Europe Limited (we/us). We are registered in England and Wales under company number 1204488 and with our registered office at K House, Sheffield Business Park, Europa Link, Sheffield, S9 1XU.
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy (together with our Terms of Website Use and any other documents referred to on it) sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), we are the data controller.
Information we may collect from you
When you visit our site, we collect the following information:
– Personally identifiable information such as your name, contact details and preferences if you choose to use our registration form.
– We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
– Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
– Information from third parties. We may ask third parties for personal information about you, for example when we acquire third party marketing lists or get authorisation for a payment you make using a credit or debit card or to complete a credit or fraud check.
Note: You can disable cookies on your computer at any time by using the preferences or options menu in your browser.
Where we store your personal data
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
– To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
– To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
– To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so. To notify you about changes to our service.
– To communicate any products or services provided by VOW, or its sister companies, which may be of interest to you.
– We use information collected via cookies and/or web server logs to determine how our site is being used and to improve the design and content. We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our business partners or suppliers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that 500 men aged under 30 have clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target (for example, women in S11). We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers’ wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
– You can opt-out of receiving any communications by sending an email to email@example.com.
Disclosure of your information
We may disclose your personal information to any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
– In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
– If the shares of VOW Europe Limited or any member of our group or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
– If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, where it is in the public’s interest to do so, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms of Website Use and other agreements; or to protect or defend the rights, interests, property, or safety of us, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
– Where you have indicated that you would like information about a product of service that is not provided by VOW, we may provide your contact details to the sister company entity which does provide that service.
– Where we use a third party to provide us with a service relating to our site. Personal information will only be provided to the third party under a contract which contains appropriate data protection and confidentiality clauses;
– In all other circumstances we will only share your personal information if you have provided your prior written consent.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Please note that this policy is subject to change from time to time. It was last updated in 2014.